Update from the EP (inc audio)
Written by cathycentral on 09/01/2019
Early in the new year, and itching to demo our new radio studio at Stellar Amsterdam on the Kinkerstraat, I did a short live show all on my own. So yes, it was a bit rambling, but hey I also shared what we’re up to behind the scenes and what’s coming soon from Broadcast Amsterdam, mixed with a few current tracks. So have a listen back if you’re interested. NB We added new radio gear to the studio shortly after this broadcast, so there’s a better sound already, and should mean smoother mixing. [May not improve my my DJ chat though].
- We’ve got a few live shows launching soon, including Generation Z – by local AICS students, westside French-Canadian DJ Natasha Cloutier bringing ‘drive time’ chat and music, and we’re even talking with Larry Wilson (Hollywood screenwriter-producer), who’s just moved to the Dam, who’s keen to do a late night music show for Amsterdam. Bring it on!
- we’ve recorded lots of local food stories from various contributors (Eat Live Love Food / Fat Kids Corner / Contagiously Healthy / @DamKitchens) and we’ll be releasing them bit by bit during our Saturday morning programming, which we’re making all about the Amsterdam food scene and home cooking for locals. Have a review or local food story to share? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or see our Submissions page.
- Bastille are coming to Amsterdam on Sunday 10 March at the Ziggodome (see here).
- We had three live listeners to the show. Thanks guys!
- Our radio studio is also available for booking if you’re a podcaster, with four mics and a Rodecaster Pro mixer, it’s an easy to use set up but should enable you to create a broadcast standard production.
- Expect some social events coming up to catch up with the Broadcast Amsterdam community. We’ve got a lot of different people busy making radio and sharing stories with us, and we love to meet up in person as much as possible and meet others who’d like to get involved. Sign up for our email updates and/or follow us on social media to get a head up on when and where.
Happy new year to you all and keep listening.
Executive Producer, Broadcast Amsterdam
(This broadcast is also scheduled to repeat a few times this week, see ‘Shows | EP Update’.)