April 2022 | Amsterdam news roundup
Written by BroadcastAMS on 26/04/2022
Here’s our latest 2-minute audio bulletin of local news, produced as a micro-podcast and shared on all podcast platforms, for listening to short news items on demand. Listen back here and/or follow on your preferred podcast platform. We also cover more local news stories on our weekday Dam Daily radio show.
- Amsterdam’s Zeeburgereiland is sinking more than expected, 26 April
- Amsterdam’s secondary school teacher shortage threatens to explode, 25 April
- From Saturday 23 April the city’s outdoor swimming pools are open again | 21 April
- Amsterdam is third in Euromonitor’s annual list of most attractive cities for tourists, 19 April
- Amstelpark is celebrating it’s 50th anniversary with six months of special events and activities, 19 April
- The Amsterdam Transport Region has warned that train, tram, metro and bus timetables may see cuts of up to 30% in 2023., 15 April
- The Amsterdam cyclists’ union wants a maximum speed of 20 kilometers per hour on the city’s bicycle path, 11 April
- Tourists are to be warned off the city’s street dealers but kept out of it’s coffeeshops, 11 April
- StartupAmsterdam is on the hunt of 12 impact startups to join their stand at TNW Conference from 16-17 June, 11 April
- Space for 100,000 homes in Amsterdam Bay Area, with construction of new metro track, 7 April
- Fewer eighth graders can go to first preference school again: ‘Next year will be better’, 7 April
- Cineasiam film festival is back in May, 7 April
- The Amsterdam police used slightly more force last year than the year before, 7 April
- The live programme for the approaching Record Store Day in Amsterdam and across the Netherlands has now been released, 7 April
- Amsterdam Central gets return machines for deposit bottles and cans, 7 April
- Crime figures make us sad: “We are facing a massive problem”, 4 April 2022
- Amsterdam-Noord is the first in the Netherlands to have a sports hall with LED floor, 4 April 2022
- Rijksmuseum lends Vermeer’s Milkmaid to Amstel museum, 1 April 2022
Links on Pinterest
Links shared on our Pinterest board, here.
If you don’t see the pin board, hit refresh in your browser.
Volunteer reporters needed
There were lots more news stories in Amsterdam during this time but we may not have covered them on the station. Maybe you can help us? We’re looking for volunteer community news correspondents for online and radio to help us share hyper-local news. Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.