May 2022 | Amsterdam news roundup
Written by BroadcastAMS on 09/05/2022
A local news roundup for Amsterdam … also shared on Broadcast Amsterdam radio.
Here’s our latest 2-minute audio bulletin of local news, produced as a micro-podcast and shared on all podcast platforms, for listening to short news items on demand. Listen back here and/or follow on your preferred podcast platform. We also cover more local news stories on our weekday Dam Daily radio show.
- From 7 June, no appointments needed for new driving licences and passports, but crowds expected, 17 May
- More reports of needle spiking in Amsterdam nightclubs, 16 May
- A barrel for your garden or balcony, May 11, 2022
- Municipality: Haarlemmerstraat open again for cars, but car-free remains the aim, 10 May
- If Ajax become champions, celebrations in the stadium, not in the city, 9 May
- The historic Resistance Tram rides for 5 months, 4 May
- Strong increase of newest Omicron variants in Amsterdam, 8 May
Links on Pinterest
Links shared on our Pinterest board, here.
If you don’t see the pin board, hit refresh in your browser.
Volunteer reporters needed
There were lots more news stories in Amsterdam during this time but we may not have covered them on the station. Maybe you can help us? We’re looking for volunteer community news correspondents for online and radio to help us share hyper-local news. Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.