June 2022 | Amsterdam news roundup
Written by BroadcastAMS on 01/06/2022
A local news roundup for Amsterdam … also shared on Broadcast Amsterdam radio.
Links on Pinterest
Links shared on our Pinterest board, here.
If you don’t see the pin board, hit refresh in your browser.
🎧 2-minute news roundup
Here’s our latest 2-minute audio bulletin of local news, produced as a micro-podcast and shared on all podcast platforms, for listening to short news items on demand. Listen back here and/or follow on your preferred podcast platform. We also cover more local news stories on our weekday Dam Daily radio show.
- Schiphol has to cancel fewer flights in August than in July, 30 June
- Hearing against internet threats against Halsema withdrawn, mayor wants to talk, 30 June
- De Marktkantine nightclub has closed with a 30-hour party, 20 June
- From 1 August, Heineken beer to go up almost 6% for trade, customers will probably pay more too, 20 June
- Speed camera added on Stadhouderskade/Leidseplein junction, June 15
- Ajax schedule announced: first Classic not until 2023, June 15
- A lot more corona cases in the city, but hospital admissions remain the same, June 14
- Major cutbacks in Amsterdam public transport are imminent: fewer buses, trams and metros, 13 June
- Preventative frisking in five city hot spots will be trialled again in October, 8 June
- Amsterdam gets its first queer gym, 8 June
- Smoke detectors now also mandatory in your home, June 7
Volunteer reporters needed
There were lots more news stories in Amsterdam during this time but we may not have covered them on the station. Maybe you can help us? We’re looking for volunteer community news correspondents for online and radio to help us share hyper-local news. Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.