Oct 2022 | Amsterdam news roundup
Written by BroadcastAMS on 06/10/2022
- Squatters occupy Russian billionaire’s Vondelpark property, Oct 31, 2022 , Het Parool
- New city pub from VOC times shares proceeds to refugees, 28 Oct, AT5
- Until 21 November, Amsterdammers can suggest locations for new charging stations, 24 Oct, AT5
- Exiled Russian independent TV news now operating from Amsterdam, 24 Oct, Het Parool
- Presumably dozens of phones stolen during AMF in Johan Cruijff Arena, Oct 23, AT5
- Pepper spray-like stuff sprayed in public at ADE party Elrow, Oct 23, Het Parool
- Forty underage refugees received in Sint Augustinuskerk in Noord, Oct 23, Het Parool
- Amsterdam’s small events licence not scrapped yet, goes up, 17 Oct, Het Parool
- 18-23 Oct, fewer trains via Amsterdam Sloterdijk, Het Parool
- Two films will have their world premieres in this year’s Imagine Film Festival, IFF
- Jaap Edenbaan open again despite energy crisis, 8 Oct, AT5
- Large-scale theft of Tesla mirrors in Amsterdam West, 8 Oct, AT5
- Amsterdam UMC is looking for vegan poo donors, 7 Oct Het Parool
- Amsterdam UMC is looking for vegan poo donors, 7 Oct, Het Parool
- Noord district still wants bridge crossings, 6 Oct, Het Parool
- Call out for volunteers from Amsterdam Light Festival
A local news roundup for Amsterdam … also shared on Broadcast Amsterdam radio.
Links on Pinterest
Links shared on our Pinterest boards, here.
If you don’t see the pin board, hit refresh in your browser.
🎧 2-minute news roundup
Here’s our latest 2-minute audio bulletin of local news, produced as a micro-podcast and shared on all podcast platforms, for listening to short news items on demand. Listen back here and/or follow on your preferred podcast platform. We also cover more local news stories on our weekday Dam Daily radio show.
Volunteer reporters needed
There were lots more news stories in Amsterdam during this time but we may not have covered them on the station. Maybe you can help us? We’re looking for volunteer community news correspondents for online and radio to help us share hyper-local news. Get in touch with us at email@example.com if you are interested.