May 2023 | Amsterdam news roundup
Written by BroadcastAMS on 09/05/2023
A local news roundup for Amsterdam … also shared on Broadcast Amsterdam radio.
Links on Pinterest
Links shared on our Pinterest boards, here. If you don’t see the pin board, hit refresh in your browser.
- Children can travel by Amsterdam public transport for free for 4 months, 23 May
- Keith Haring’s colossal museum piece can be seen again for the first time in 31 years | 24 May, AT5
- Amsterdam cable car over the IJ is getting one step closer again | 8 May, Het Parool
- P+R rate explodes: off-peak price rises 500 percent | 8 May, NL Times
- A new children’s hiking trail is now available in the Amsterdamse Bos
- The Vliegenbos in Noord gets new hiker huts, local residents not happy with it | 1 May, Het Parool
🎧 2-minute news roundup
Here’s our latest 2-minute audio bulletin of local news, produced as a micro-podcast and shared on all podcast platforms, for listening to short news items on demand. Listen back here and/or follow on your preferred podcast platform. We also cover more local news stories on our weekday Dam Daily radio show.
Volunteer reporters needed
There were lots more news stories in Amsterdam during this time but we may not have covered them on the station. Maybe you can help us? We’re looking for volunteer community news correspondents for online and radio to help us share hyper-local news. Get in touch with us at email@example.com if you are interested.