July-Aug 2023 | Amsterdam news roundup
Written by BroadcastAMS on 04/07/2023
A local news roundup for Amsterdam … also shared on Broadcast Amsterdam radio.
Links on Pinterest
Links shared on our Pinterest boards, here. If you don’t see the pin board, hit refresh in your browser.
- Already 9000 Amsterdam children use free public transport in the summer | 26 July, Het Parool
- Berlagebrug closed from July 24 to November 10 | 17 July
- Fiber optic connection city-wide in four years | Amsterdam.nl
- Trauma helicopter now flies from new location in Western Docklands | 19 July, AT5
- Emergency room VUmc closes in the evening and at night due to staff shortage | 17 July, AT5
- Amsterdam candidate Women’s World Cup 2027 and in race for opening match | 5 July, amsterdam.nl
🎧 2-minute news roundup
Here’s our latest 2-minute audio bulletin of local news, produced as a micro-podcast and shared on all podcast platforms, for listening to short news items on demand. Listen back here and/or follow on your preferred podcast platform. We also cover more local news stories on our weekday Dam Daily radio show.
Volunteer reporters needed
There were lots more news stories in Amsterdam during this time but we may not have covered them on the station. Maybe you can help us? We’re looking for volunteer community news correspondents for online and radio to help us share hyper-local news. Get in touch with us at email@example.com if you are interested.