Feb 2024 | Amsterdam news roundup
Written by BroadcastAMS on 07/02/2024
A local news roundup for Amsterdam … also shared on Broadcast Amsterdam radio.
Links on Pinterest
Links shared on our Pinterest boards, here. If you don’t see the pin board, hit refresh in your browser.
- Nearly 9 percent of all mopeds in the city are uninsured | 26 Feb, AT5
- Dutch pro football player scamming women and minors in Amsterdam’s nightlife | 24 Feb, Sportnieuws.nl / Het Parool
- Babies no longer delivered in the OLVG West from the end of March | 23 Feb, Het Parool
- Municipality does not achieve goal of construction of 7,500 homes |13 Feb, AT5
- Association of Amsterdam school boards: small primary schools vulnerable | 13 Feb. Het Parool
- Police using a new roller test bench: fatbikes and electric bikes now also checked | 7 Feb, AT5
- European Sleeper extends Amterdam-Berlin route to Prague | 7 Feb, The Man in Seat 61
- Growing within city limits from 2032 | 1 Feb, Gemeente Amsterdam
🎧 2-minute news roundup
Here’s our latest 2-minute audio bulletin of local news, produced as a micro-podcast and shared on all podcast platforms, for listening to short news items on demand. Listen back here and/or follow on your preferred podcast platform. We also cover more local news stories on our weekday Dam Daily radio show.
Volunteer reporters needed
There were lots more news stories in Amsterdam during this time but we may not have covered them on the station. Maybe you can help us? We’re looking for volunteer community news correspondents for online and radio to help us share hyper-local news. Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.