Amsterdam Kitchen | The Coffee Vine & more | 21 Sept 2019
For the full radio version of Amsterdam Kitchen LIVE, with 2 hours of local food stories + great music tracks, listen back via the Mixcloud player above. A talk only podcast version will follow shortly (watch this space.
Local food entrepreneur, Alex Kitain joined @CathyCentral and @Damkitchens Geli Carney to talk about The Coffee Vine. We heard all about:
- how The Coffee Vine started off as a simple coffee blog
- the growth into a coffee subscription service, and some of the business ins and outs
- what’s in the October coffee package
- the new Fresh Drip instant quality coffee brew – an idea that came from Japan but Alex is perfecting it locally
- local cafe reviews and much more.
Geli told us all about her big family dinner at De Kas, one of Amsterdam’s most favourably reviewed high-end restaurants. It didn’t disappoint.
Cathy reviewed restaurant Moer on the Overtoom, where she had special Crème Brûlée, as well as a rib eye with plenty of sauces.
Geli introduced the EU protected label concept, and which Dutch products come under the bronze label of this scheme. She’ll cover the Netherlands’ silver and gold label products in a future show. We also had our #EatMyDutch segment, this time covering all the different ways Dutch people might refer to carrots, in #Winkelwagon we told you about eco pots spotted at the Ekoplaza, and finally of course our #Markets&More local food events update.
Links on Pinterest
About the show
Weekly on Saturdays, 10:00-12:00 on broadcastamsterdam.nl, and it you miss it, just catch up later.