Chabrol Wines | Amsterdam Kitchen
Bart Hilz from Chabrol Wines joined Geli and Cathy on this episode of Amsterdam Kitchen radio show. The Overtoom branch are celebrating 10 years in business with some special events but they also have tasting events and more, all year round. We talked about:
- their jubileum events on 21 and 22 November
- where their wines come from and special wines in stock like the ‘orange’ wine from Chile that we ‘live tasted’ on the radio
- courses and visits from wine producers
- biodynamic wines
- whisky tastings
For more info see: chabrolwines.com
Plus plenty of local food stories, including:
- Geli’s very happy review from Graham’s Kitchen, fine dining in de Pijp
- in our winkelwagon section, Geli picked out a vegan friendly snack available at the Ekoplaza on special offer – bean sticks – thumbs up from us!
- in season – we had fun talking about local mushrooms – but don’t add to the rising mushroom poisoning stats everyone! – and played ‘mushroom roulette’ live on air – did you score as well as Cathy?
- ‘Eat My Dutch’ – Geli made the traditional Dutch dish ‘Hete Bliksem’, using a Dutch recipe, and she did alright!
- our local food news ranged from a new Italian restaurant in Oud Zuid, and porcelain coffee cups now on sale at Lot 61
- markets and more shared a few food events for you coming up in Amsterdam, as always.
Listen back to the full radio show (with music tracks) via the Mixcloud player above.
Amsterdam Kitchen LIVE is on air weekly, Saturday 10:00-12:00, on broadcastamsterdam.nl but if you miss the broadcast, just catch up later.