Dam Daily with Chris | 16 Sept
Chris Willis 16/09/2022
OMG what now in Amsterdam? Here’s Chris Willis with the latest edition of Friday’s Dam Daily show. So much news out of Amsterdam, chat and Chris’s music picks.
Listen back to the full 2 hour radio show, including music tracks on the Mixcloud player above.
Stories covered include:
- Schiphol chief Dick Benschop steps down after yet another week of crazy queuing at Schiphol
- School kids in amsterdam North find a gun during a cleanup day
- Doctors say – keep it down – saying hospitality venues like festivals should have a decibel limit for music.
- The government is to increase the basic student grant from next year
- Jumbo boss Van Erd still in jail after his arrest earlier this week
- Amsterdam’s Ice hockey team may need to close due to souring costs
- Netherlands gets its knuckles wrapped for being slow with a maximum price cap on energy costs
- Three Ig Nobel Prizes for the Netherlands
- And Amsterdam’s mayor wants to have everyone frisked before they enter certain areas of the city, including the red light district… residents are up in arms about it.
For more Amsterdam news see our roundup on Pinterest, here.
If you don’t see the Pinterest boards above, just refresh your browser.
About the show
Our team of Amsterdamers bring you local news, music and chat, every weekday, Monday to Friday, live from 09:00-11:00 in the morning, with repeats from 17:00-19:00. Also available on demand here on broadcastamsterdam.nl, your local radio station!