Emily, Kien & city food news
Cathy & Emily 29/05/2021
Listen back to the one-hour radio show (with music tracks) via the Mixcloud player:
Also on the show
- Emily’s recently discovered the stylish nacho & cocktails bar, Parakeet, on a quiet corner street behind the Foodhallen (Friday Dam Daily host, Chris W also loves this place, maybe we should organise some radio drink there soon?)
- Cathy returned to Restaurant Kien on Wittered de Withstraat, but this time on the terrace and with the kid. High quality food but laid back vibe. The cauliflower main course was a delight but the crumble tart with orange ice cream was divine. Try the Dutch brandy to end up?
- Winkelwagon – Geli’s been going nuts this week, and Cathy is making a special detour to Jumbo for their cinnamon ‘plukbrood’.
- Some new tips for veggie cafes in Amsterdam (Margo’s and Oliver Green) & an update on local plant-based cheesemaker, Willicroft who always seem to have so much news
- Paindemie, the mega tosti-makers are back and they are coming to Oud West!
Links on Pinterest
Links via our Pinterest board, here.
If you don’t see the pin board here, just hit refresh in your browser.
Restaurant Kien pics
About the show
Amsterdam Kitchen LIVE is on air weekly, Saturday 10:00-12:00, on broadcastamsterdam.nl but if you miss the broadcast, just catch up later. Season 6 started on 15 May and will be on air until sometime in July.