Dam Daily + Nice funerals? | 15 March
Alexis & Sara 15/03/2021
Alexis and Sara with your Monday edition of the Dam Daily radio show, two hours of great music and local news. Susanne Duijvestein also joined in the second hour to explain how she helps people to think again about funerals and the way we mark the loss of our loved ones.
Listen back to the full 2-hour radio show, including the brilliant music tracks, on the mixcloud player above.
Susanne’s amazing recommendations on people and things around Amsterdam to check out.
Places to just be present:
- Cemetery Huis te Vraag: https://www.huistevraag.nl/
- The Miracle Garden by artist Elspeth Diederix in Erasmuspark: https://themiraclegarden.nl/the-miracle-series/series
- Midwest Amsterdam, our coworking space with lovely garden by ecological artist Theun Karelse: https://www.inmidwest.nl/
- Mercatorplein to feel the diversity X unity of Amsterdam
Artists that work with the spirit of life:
- Roua Atelier for natural dyeing: http://www.rouaatelier.com/
- Ceramist Rachel Sellem: https://www.rachelsellem.nl/
- Handmade dolls by Studio Escargot: via Instagram @studioescargot
- Photographer of wilted flowers Carla Ijff: via Instagram @carlaijff
Soul food to bring home:
- Seitan from Wheat Pray Love, vegan source of protein by dear friend Joey: https://www.wheatpraylove.com/
- The lovely Elin de Jong started her bakery Ulmus: https://www.ulmusbakkerij.nl/
- Food delivery on Wednesdays by my soul sisters from Cousine Catering: via Instagram @cousinebezorgt
- Fairchain chocolate by the Chocolatemakers, available at Marqt and Ekoplaza: https://www.chocolatemakers.nl/
Pictures of Magical Leek Fields
For more local news see our round up on Pinterest, here.
If you don’t see our embedded Pinterest boards here, hit refresh in your browser.